Tuesday 3 March 2015

I wanted to this time experiment with a composition with the muscles of the foot, incorporating the flowers. I hope to by the end have a series of compositions but in order to demonstrate that we all have different identity's each must have a different combination of flowers which have of course their own hidden meanings. I've started to consider colour combinations, this is the beginning of an idea to have the muscles in monochrome but perhaps the flowers could be in vibrant colours. This wil highlight our identity (the flowers) is what is important and what we should be judged by. Therefore I am making a link with the body (as promoting positive body image is a body issue after all) but without making it the sole focus. I feel really positive about the composition but I'm unsure yet of my chosen medium therefore I will experiment with that next. 

My concern is about overcomplicating my design, although the point is to strategically place the flowers in a way that's subtle, I still want their presence to be apparent. Our identity lies within and we should take the time to get to know someone and judge them by that instead of making remarks on someone we don't know purely by their outside looks. I could therefore consider leaving the muscle structure as a simple line drawing and shadow the flowers, which could perhaps be nice in the screen print process. This is something I could consider next. I've also collected wallpaper samples with different flower designs that I could print and draw into, which I'm quite excited about! 


No comments:

Post a Comment