Wednesday 18 March 2015

Continuing with my experimentation with identities reflected in the body. This time I wanted to play with different mediums and see how skin like tones would work against a contrasting flower. I found this quite interesting to play with using a flowery wallpaper, however the contrasting designs seem to make the image quite flat and loses its depth slightly. It was suggested I could continue the design on the wallpaper into the muscles and create something quite abstract. This could be interesting however I'm unsure this would take away the message within my design. The flower is a symbol of hidden identity within people and I want to portray that people should find that within one another.

I want to next experiment with more aesthetically pleasing colours to suggest it is our individuality and who we are not what we look like is where the real beauty lies. I like the idea of perhaps leaving the detail of the muscles simply as an unfilled line and let the colour blossom within the entwined flowers. Although our bodies are beautiful I want to reflect that beauty should be defined by what comes from within. I've thought about just using the feet as studies as it symbolises the concept of walking in someone else's shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment