Wednesday 25 March 2015

I wanted to take my flower drawing forward with some more subtle experiments with colour. I also carried on the pattern I used for some sections of flower petals through the rest of the drawing. I really like the idea of keeping the muscle sections blank and allowing the flower to really take centre stage. The pencil allowed me to get some really nice depth to the flowers and layering a tracing drawing on top of another also gave it a very 3d aspect. I feel very positive about this composition and just need to consider if I would incorporate colours and which ones.

The only thing to consider about this sample is how it contradicts my earlier aim to create something vivid and vibrant in order to invite the viewer in. That being said there's something quite beautiful about the subtlty and perhaps vibrancy would give it too much of an abstract effect.

The next stage is to look into getting my drawing on to a screen and do some silkscreen printing as this could be a good way to experiment with colour but also create numerous replicas in a shorter space of time. Thd sooner i decide on the technical process I will use, the sooner I can work towards creating my finals peices of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment